Sunday, August 14, 2011

Can you use Cake Batter in a Belgium Waffle Iron? Fill the indentations with fruit


Can you use Cake Batter in a Belgium Waffle Iron? Fill the indentations with fruit?
Then Ice the whole thing as a "Cake"? I was thinking that it would be a talking point at dinner... A slightly different texture, a lot of little pockets of jelled fruit and fresh fruit slices... Do you think it would work?
Cooking & Recipes - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sounds good to me. I think you should give it a try. Just don't over fill the waffle iron. I think the 2 perfect "fillings" would be ice cream and Nutella Either together or separately. Fresh fruit would also be good. This time of year you could use a spice cake mix and apple filling or a pumpkin filling. Pumpkin Butter or Apple Butter would taste great.
2 :
That sounds absolutely AMAZING!! I like the way you think! Please update this with your results!! :)
3 :
Hmm, interesting I had never thought of that. Give it a try, but I would use one of the inexpensive Jiffy cake mixes to begin with and then, if it works, the combinations would be endless. Be sure to make sure to spray non stick spray on the iron though.