Monday, December 21, 2009

Can I use UK TV and VCD/DVD in Belgium? They work for playback of things, but I can't receive sound. Why not


Can I use UK TV and VCD/DVD in Belgium? They work for playback of things, but I can't receive sound. Why not?
Recently moved to Belgium, took all my stuff with me, and I'm setting up a UK VCR on a Belgian TV and while the picture is perfect, I don't seem to be able to get any sound either directly, or through recorded playback of Belgian TV. Is there some problem with compatibility? Also, when the Belgian TV gives up the ghost (it's already a bit dodgy) will I be able to just use my UK TV in its place?
Belgium - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A friend of mine took a Dutch TV back to the UK and also had problems with the sound. I think it is a standard problem, but I am not technical enough to know why. Try to ask a TV shop for the reason, or ring the manufacturers of your TV
2 :
We took our TV/DVD player and changed the plugs. We can watch it perfectly over here. The VCR we can't because we lost the manual and can't tune it in. The one thing that definitly turns out to be useless though is my lovely digital radio!!! They have got no digital radio stations over here :-(