Friday, May 14, 2010

Immigration to Belgium? (Antwerpen/Brussels)


Immigration to Belgium? (Antwerpen/Brussels)?
Well, I'm still quite young, and I'm considering immigration to Europe right after I finish university. First off, I want to clear things out. I do have a passport of a member state of the European Union ( I heard it changes alot of things.. ), and I'm getting my Canadian passport soon too. Anyways. I've been quite interested in immigrating to Belgium (Antwerp or Brussels, i don't know yet.), but I am not really sure if it's the right choice. Therefore, I'd like to ask some questions.. - I found out that the average annual income in Antwerp is 12000 euro. This is insane, average annual income here in Canada is around 45 000CAD. Is 12000 euro per year enough in Europe? - I know it's sort of impossible to name an exact amount, but how does an apartment cost monthly, approximately? (downtown antwerp/brussels, for rent) - I'm taking a Computer Sciences course in college. Is there alot of computer jobs in Antwerp/Brussels? (IT jobs) - Can I immigrate without knowing dutch, and learn it as I'm there? I speak English and French (both decent). I'm afraid that I'll need Dutch from the first day when I go there... which means I better start learning it soon. - Is it true that if I have a passport of a member state of the European Union, I can live and work in Belgium, for whatever amount of time I want? - Is it worth it going to Belgium? Thanks in advance.
Immigration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can get IT jobs in Brussels, hardly any IT job in Antwerpen. Expect to be paid roughly 36000 Euro per annum (can be higher for experienced IT professional). If you are citizen of state that was added to EU on 1st of May 2004, then NO. You still require work permit to work in Belgium & will require it until 1st of May 2011. Good luck.