Thursday, March 1, 2012

Residence permit with Visa Type C


Residence permit with Visa Type C?
Hello, I'm a non-EU citizen and working at a Global company.My company's belgium branch has applied for a work permit for me to work in belgium.I got the work permit(B type) and its valid for one year.Now i will apply for the belgium visa. I need to travel schengen countries before my residence permit and I do not want apply for D+C type visa due to long application time.My question is if it is possible to get residence permit if I apply for type C visa or must I have to apply for type D visa. Thanks.
Immigration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It would have been much easier to answer your question if you would have told what you are [citizenship] instead of telling what you not are [non-EU citizen]! If you need to travel to other Schengen countries initially you will need to apply for the so called hybrid visa [type D/C] valid for "België/Belgique + Schengenstaten/Etats Schengen" which grants the stay in Belgium and the travel to other Schengen countries within the first 90 days of the visa validation. National visa type D for Belgium are usually issued to work permit holder, if required. They are in general valid for 90 days and require the visa holder to get registered at the community of residence and apply for a residence permit [verblijfstitel/titre de séjour] which also serves as visa waiver to the other Schengen countries. Type C tourist/ business visa are not the basis for an extended stay using a work permit.