Saturday, November 7, 2009

Income tax for American working in Belgium


Income tax for American working in Belgium?
Hi, I accepted an internship with an organization in Brussels. I am paid a stipend but it is not exempt from taxation. How will I be taxed? Will I pay both American and Belgian taxes?
Belgium - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You shouldn't have have to pay both, though you may be required to file a return in both countries. If you have a choice, pay US income taxes because the first $85,000 or so is exempt from income taxes (there are restrictions & requirements). http://www.software.com/page/135/us-citizens-working-overseas-faq
2 :
KayeOO I would contact the IRS office near you and ask them your question or go to the American Embassy and as those people how they get they get the situation resolved.Good Luck and Rock on in Belgium.
3 :
are you joking? they wouldn't dare to tax a jank