Saturday, November 14, 2009

Work in Mons, Belgium


Work in Mons, Belgium?
Any ideas on what kind of English-speaking work I can do while living in Mons, Belgium with my boyfriend this spring?
Belgium - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try the SHAPE (Nato, but I'm not sure if they have temporary contracts). Another option is the airport Bruxelles South (which is actually Charleroi). There won't be that many jobs for English-speaking people in that area, but if you don't find anything you can always commute to Brussels
2 :
If you are an American, you can forget about doing any legal work unless you are lucky enough to land something at SHAPE where the rules might be different. You will never be able to get a working card for a short time unless you can find an employer who will sponsor you on the claim that no-one else can do the job. As you have not provided any clues to your qualifications, it is difficult for me to make any other recommendations as I don't know what you are capable of. If you can find an Internet-based job where your pay could be handled via the U.S. you might have some luck. I could even put a word in with my employer if you are the right kind of person as we have that kind of work sometimes. Send me an e-mail with your CV and I could give you some additional help.